Wednesday 26 January 2011

Do Mancunians and Scousers need separate airports?

Funniest quote I’ve read today is in the MEN from Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary:

“We know that Mancunians and Scousers don't like each other – so Mancunians will use Manchester and Scousers will use Liverpool airport where we also fly from.”

It might be because I’m not actually a Mancunian (born in Halifax, grew up in Solihull... yes, the ‘posh’ part of Birmingham) that I do not appreciate the friction between Manchester and Liverpool inhabitants. All I know is that my Dad supports Manchester United and my cousins support Liverpool, which results in many a banterful family gathering.

Anyway, the MEN was interviewing O’Leary about the news that Manchester airport has struck a multi-million with the low-cost airline (insert your own witty comment about ‘low-cost’ airlines being anything but). From April, Ryanair will be introducing flights to destinations such as Madrid, Alicante, Tenerife and Faro.

So all together now... *we’re all going on a summer holiday*....

If only I could convince the boy (aka Filmrant) to go on an aeroplane.

1 comment:

  1. Company have chance to capture the market by starting cheap flights to every where from any where.

    ReplyDelete